Friday, February 4, 2011

Door to My Heart.. Well the Window Screen to My Heart

Happy Happy Valentines Month!! It took me FOREVER to figure out what to do for my first craft for the big American Crafters competition! But I finally figured it out!! My competitors are very very talented!! So lets hope my craft gets lots of votes:)
Supplies:
Window Screen
Pink and Red Acrylic Paint
Scissors
Tape
Paper
I used the paper as a cutting edge! I cut a heart out of the paper and taped the paper to the Window Screen and cut it out! I cut one big heart, one middle sized heart, and one smaller heart!! 
HUGE NOTE: WEAR GLOVES! That stuff stinkin' hurts when it cuts you!  

We had ONE sunny day this week so I decided I would spray paint, and it was a MAJOR FAIL! This is when I started freaking out a little bit, since I only had like 3 days to come up with and finish my craft for this competition!
 So you need to stick with acrylic paint!! Also place the heart on something like aluminum foil so the paint sticks to the heart better!! 

So now you just let your 3 hearts dry for a bit!
Then your going to stick them all together!! I used some thick double sided tape so it gave the hearts a little 3D look! 
 
Then I just stuck it to the front door!!
Pretty Cute huh!?! I haven't seen anyone in bloggy world do something like this before (and if they have don't tell me haha I was proud to have come up with this on my own!)
So how do you guys like my first craft for the competition!?! Hopefully its as good as my fellow competitors! Everyone needs to head over to American Crafters and vote on your favorite craft!!
I won't pressure you to vote for me hehehe but you know I'd love your vote:)
Oh yes and if anyone was wondering.. only 25 more days until my Kinsley Mae arrives!! Hip Hip Hooray!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I voted for you friend!!! Hope you get LOTS of votes!!! Love the idea of the screen!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Very nice. When I was out at tag sales last summer I found a roll of screening and I immediately grabbed it up! I think maybe this is something I could do with it. Thanks so much. Linda

Emily Carter said...

Cute! Thanks for linking up!

MBC Scrapbooking said...

Oh goodness, I am bookmarking your site! I have a brand new sewing machine that has been sitting unused forever...so I guess it isn't brand new anymore. But, I don't know how to sew, and this heart project looks like something I could start with!

I found you through Crafterminds...I wanted to contact you about a guest post swap. I'm doing a monthly blog hop series and am looking for guest posts related to the following themes. As I have a scrapbooking blog, all posts must be scrapbooking or paper craft-related.

March- baby albums
April- a year in review
May- album about YOU- heritage, life stories, etc.
June- weddings
July- Christmas in July (this can be any craft, not limited to scrapbooking:)

A month-long blog hop incorporating the monthly theme will also be available to link up your projects.

Please contact me if you are interested in doing a guest post and/or swap. Thanks!
C:)

http://mbcscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological globe all is existing on net?


Also visit my website; musicos

Best Custom Screens said...

window screens

customized gifts for him said...

Cute! Thanks for linking up!
linen pillow covers
geometric pillow
solid throw pillow covers

Premier Environmental Ltd said...

Thanks for sharing your information. This is very useful blog. door fly screens